Residential Zoning Application Instructions
Permits are required for all new construction, repairs, and replacements including outside living spaces, garages, decks, porches, sheds, fences, pools, siding, windows, roofs, etc.
How To Complete a Residential Zoning Permit:
- Complete the Zoning Permit Application
- Attach a Diagram of your lot show the new addition(s) drawn to scale include dimensions, height and set-backs from all lot lines. If you do not have a diagram of your lot you can print one off of the Franklin County Auditors Website (click on property search, find your property, and print Map Report)
- Application Fee - Payable by cash or Check made out to Prairie Township
Projects up to 199sqft: $25.00 (including fences)
Projects 200sqft or more: $50.00
- Projects over 1000 sq. ft. must obtain an MS-4 Permit (Land Disturbance). This permit is page 4 of your Zoning Permit Application and requires a $150.00 deposit for disturbances over 1000sqft or a $350.00 deposit for any disturbance over one (1) acre. MS-4 Regulations (Land Disturbance)
How to Submit a Residential Zoning Permit:
Please submit your 4 page application (including phone number) marked map, and applicable fee by:
- Dropping it off to our Administration Office at 23 Maple Drive. There is a bin in the lobby for Permits and Applications. The lobby is open from 8am-4pm Monday-Friday; or
- Mailing it to: Prairie Township Zoning Department, 25 Maple Drive, Columbus Ohio 43228
- A copy of your approved application will be mailed back to you within 5-7 days. If we have any questions we will contact you at the phone number provided on your application.
*Corner Lots are subject to (2) Front Set-backs – this setback will be required from both streets and may need special instructions. Please call the Zoning Department for assistance if you are located on a corner lot 614-982-2190.