Commercial Building and Zoning Department
THE PRAIRIE TOWNSHIP COMMERCIAL BUILDING AND ZONING DEPARTMENT is open TO THE PUBLIC. Please enter through the door located at 23 maple drive.
While our office is open for business, our preferred method of contact is by phone or email. If you would like to meet in person, we encourage you to contact the Township Department you wish to meet with and schedule an appointment. All appointments will follow the CDC guidelines, including social distancing and the use of facial coverings. If you are coming to a pre-arranged meeting, you may enter the building through the Administration Offices door at 23 Maple Drive.
If you would like to drop off materials for the Commercial Building and Zoning Department, you may drop them off in thelocated outside the door of 25 Maple Drive.
Prairie Township encourages you to prevent and minimize the spread of COVID-19 by taking precautions and knowing the symptoms. PREVENTION PRECAUTIONS SYMPTOMS
The Prairie Township Commercial Building & Zoning Department's goals are to serve the residents of Prairie Township and improve their quality of life with the tools provided. The Commercial Building & Zoning Office:
- Administrates and enforces the Township land use laws
- Facilitates the operation of the Townships Commercial Building Department for multi-family structures with four or more units, and all commercial development and construction
- Operates the nuisance abatement program for the Township
Nuisance Process (PDF)
Community Backyards offers reimbursements
to eligible residents up to $50 for installing a rain barrel,
compost bin, or planting native plants and trees.
For more information, please visit
Franklin Soil and Water Conservation District's website
at Community Backyards website or call (614) 486-9613.
Recently there as been an increase
in the rat population in Franklin County.
If you have a rat problem, please report it to
Franklin County Public Health using their Report a Rat
Problem Line at (614) 525-4762. You can also report a problem
to Franklin County Public Health by filling out a web form at:
Print your permits directly from our webpage and submit them to our office by:
- Dropping off to our Administration Offices at 23 Maple Drive, Columbus, Ohio 43228. There is a drop-off bin in the lobby for permits. Drop off times are 8am-4pm Monday-Friday.
- Mailing in your application to Prairie Township Zoning, 25 Maple Drive, Columbus, Ohio 43228.
All fees may be paid by cash or check made out to Prairie Township. Credit card payments are not accepted at this time.
To obtain a Zoning Compliance (Permit), you will need the following:
- Completed Application
- Diagram of your lot (drawn to scale) showing the new addition(s). Show dimensions and set-backs from all lot lines. If you do not have a diagram, you can print one off of the Franklin County Auditor’s website.
- Application Fee - Payable by cash or Check made out to Prairie Township
Projects up to 199sqft: $25.00 (including fences)
Projects 200sqft or more: $50.00
Submit items 1-3 to the Prairie Township Zoning Department by:
- Dropping it off to our Administration Office at 23 Maple Drive. There is a bin in the lobby for Permits and Applications. The lobby is open from 8am-4pm Monday-Friday; or
- Mailing it to: Prairie Township Zoning Department, 25 Maple Drive, Columbus Ohio 43228