Non-Residential or Commercial Zoning Permit Instructions
How To Complete a Non-Residential or Commercial Zoning Permit:
- Complete the Zoning Permit Application
- Attach detailed plans (drawn to scale) or all construction or renovations. Include dimensions, height, set-backs, parking spaces, aisles, access, sidewalks, landscaping, and signage. If located within the West Broad Street Corridor Overlay District, structures must meet the standards of Article 18.
- Application Fee - $350 payable by cash or Check made out to Prairie Township
- Projects over 1000 sq. ft. must obtain an MS-4 Permit (Land Disturbance). This permit is page 4 of your Zoning Permit Application and requires a $150.00 deposit for disturbances over 1000sqft or a $350.00 deposit for any disturbance over one (1) acre. MS-4 Regulations (Land Disturbance)
- Drainage Plans are required for all new parking lots or additions to existing parking lots. Engineered stamped drawings are required and must be submitted with the items stated in the Drainage Requirements.
- New constructions must be reviewed and approved by the Franklin County Sanitary Engineers Utility Compliance Supervisor. Call Gillian Kreager at 614-525-4718 or FCSE 614-525-3940 for contact information.
How to Submit a Residential Zoning Permit:
Please submit your 4 page application (including phone number) marked map, and applicable fee by:
- Bringing it to our Office at 25 Maple Drive, Columbus, Ohio 43228 between the hours of 8:30am and 4:00pm.
- Dropping it off to our Office at 25 Maple Drive. There is a white drop-off bin in front of our door.
- Mailing it to: Prairie Township Zoning Department, 25 Maple Drive, Columbus Ohio 43228
- Emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If applying by email, please indicate how you would like to pay your permit fee. If you would like to pay by credit card, please indicate the number we should call to get credit card information.
- Parking lots/areas must meet all requirements in Article 11
- Signage must meet all requirements in Article 12
New or major renovation projects require a pre-construction meeting with staff, Fire Marshal, Service Director, and Chief Building Official. Please contact the Commercial Building and Zoning Department for more information at 614-982-2190.