Can I have a yard sale?

Yes, you can have a yard sale, however, you do need to obtain a permit first. You can find the application here on the Zoning Department's page

Yard sale permits are limited to three (3) permits per year, for a period of no more than four (4) consecutive days. 

Yard sale permits are $3 for single family homes, $25 for organizations and all others.

Show All Answers

1. I received a "Notice to Abate a Nuisance." What does this mean?
2. I received a Trash Citation Tag on my door. What do I need to do?
3. I received a Trash Citation in the mail. What do I need to do?
4. Can I have chickens or farm animals on my property?
5. Can I have a yard sale?
6. Can I hunt on Prairie Township property?
7. Do I need a permit to build a fence on my property?
8. Do I need a permit to replace my roof?
9. Do I need a permit to sell door-to-door?
10. Do you do residential zoning?
11. Do you take credit cards?
12. How can I determine where my lot lines are?
13. How do I dispose of tree and shrub trimmings?
14. How do I file a Nuisance or Zoning complaint?
15. How do I report an inoperable vehicle?
16. How do I submit a Commercial Building Permit?
17. How much does a residential zoning permit cost?
18. What is a Variance and when do I need one?
19. What types of projects require a Zoning Compliance (Permit)?
20. When is the Zoning Department open?
21. Where can I find a map of Prairie Township?